It looks like Beaver Creek School won't have to pay for an election this year.
The three incumbents who faced re-election were the only governing board candidates to file by the Aug. 6 deadline, giving them a walkover. Unless something unexpected occurs during the 10-day challenge period, Board President W.O. Palmer, Gareld Hardy and Miguel Hernandez can glide on for another term.
It is a different story in Camp Verde Unified School District.
There will be three seats up for grabs and five candidates. Terms are ending for Bob Simbric, Kelli Spleiss and Linda MacPhee. Only MacPhee is seeking re-election. Residents who also got their nomination paperwork in by Wednesday include Rick Anderson, Helen Freeman, Cora-Lei Marquez and Tim Roth.
Candidates become official after Aug. 20.
More like this story
- 3 apply for 4 CV school board seats<br><i>Three go for two in Beaver Creek</i>
- Two school board races in Verde Valley<br><i>Other open seats appointed by county supervisors</i>
- School board seats available in Camp Verde, Beaver Creek
- 17 Valley school board seats up for grabs in fall election
- Full ballots for school board elections