Let's look at the recent decisions by the Arizona Democratic Party.
I called the Arizona Democratic Party indicating I wanted to enter the Presidential Preference Election. I was informed Obama was their candidate. Did they mean that democratic voters had no other choice? The Governor issued the proclamation as proscribed by the Arizona Constitution. Secretary of State issued notices to all recognized political parties, and the Democratic Party declined to participate. They indicated they will caucus and select members to go to the Democratic Convention and vote for Obama.
Is it possible that this will get those who don't register or vote to do so? Fifty percent of citizens register and only 50 percent of those vote.
I will let you decide if this is what the young men and women died for throughout the history of our country.
More like this story
- Voters must register by Monday for presidential preference election
- Arizona primary offers mirror of nation
- Will independent voters be able to vote in the AZ presidential primary?
- Editorial: Independents have nowhere to go in presidential primary
- Presidential Preference election puts Clinton, Trump on top