The Cottonwood Police Department, after spending hundreds of hours reopening the cold case for the murder of Marisol Gonzalez and her unborn baby, put together a very good case. Even TNT's "Cold Justice" experts in criminal law agree with the Cottonwood Police Department.
Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk, however, has taken a "do nothing" stance on this crime. Could it be that with the election being so close at hand you don't want to take a chance on not getting a conviction in this case? If this was your daughter and unborn grandson would you take such a stance? I think not!
Perhaps the people of Yavapai County should think about not re-electing you as our County Attorney again if you "do nothing."
Yavapai County Attorney Sheila Polk: Do your job and prosecute!
More like this story
- Letter: Still waiting for justice for Marisol Gonzalez
- Editorial: 'Cold Justice' may very well bring true justice for Marisol Gonzalez
- Commentary: Perseverance, hope remain firm in Marisol Gonzalez murder case
- Cottonwood murder of Marisol Gonzalez coming to TV's 'Cold Justice'
- Marisol Gonzalez: Arrest made in Cottonwood cold case