Five people in Camp Verde hired a lobbyist costing $50,000 ($10,000 each) to bypass ADOT and go directly to the Arizona legislators and agency to stop the construction of the widening of 260 and create a new plan that added seven roundabouts.
What I would like to see is the Bugle ask the Camp Verde residents for their opinion on this action. That is: do you want Hwy 260 to be widened without the added roundabouts, or (b) widened with the addition of the seven roundabouts?
More like this story
- Letters: We need simple common sense on 260 improvements
- SR 260 project finally in gear
- Letters: Roundabouts a bad choice for improved AZ 260
- State Route 260 project to improve safety, travel time, ease congestion
- Road Work Ahead: Allow ‘additional travel time’ during SR 260 improvement project (with videos)