VERDE VALLEY - Motorists traveling northbound on Interstate 17 approaching Camp Verde can expect traffic delays beginning 7 p.m. Sunday, May 8 through noon Friday, May 20, according to ADOT. This includes re-routing rigs over 12 feet wide.
ADOT has announced that work on the Verde River Bridge (MP 287-288) will reduce traffic to one lane just north of the Camp Verde - Cottonwood exit (MP 287) to SR 260.
Vehicles wider than 12 feet will be detoured off Interstate 17 at Exit 287, onto SR 260 west to SR 89A north to Sedona, continuing to SR 179 south through the Village of Oak Creek and returning to Interstate 17 northbound via Exit 298.
ADOT is asking motorists to observe reduced speed limits and allow for extra travel time while traveling through the work zone.
For traffic updates, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.
- Tom Tracey
More like this story
- Camp Verde ramp to NB I-17 closed Monday 8 a.m. to noon
- Interstate 17 closed at Cordes Junction for a wildfire
- Long backup on I-17 northbound out of the Valley after vehicle fire
- ADOT schedules I-17 road work, closures near MP 292.
- Tanker rollover closes I-17 northbound in New River most of Thursday