In regards to Thunder Valley Rally, as a person who worked in Old Town for three TVR events, why would you want to do away with or move the only event that actually brings traffic and business to Old Town?
By moving the event to another location – example, the fairgrounds – I really do not believe Old Town would benefit from the move. Rhythm and Ribs did nothing for Old Town and guess what, it’s gone.
Don’t all the motels, gas stations and food places benefit – all of Cottonwood – benefit from Thunder Valley Rally?
I think that those who are so unhappy should think about just closing during the weekend of TVR. They aren’t making any money anyway.
The only thing Thunder Valley Rally needs are more restrooms. It is the best event of the year.
Mrs. Lyle Lamm
More like this story
- Editorial: Old Town merchants can best advance their cause by being part of TVR process
- Editorial: Thunder Valley Rally a classic case of failed leadership
- Majority has it: Modified Thunder Valley Rally gets green light for 2017
- Thunder Valley Rally frustrations mount
- Editorial: Thunder Valley Rally debate has gone on long enough; it’s time for city council to make a decision