The recent My Turn by Andy Groseta is a proposition that deserves consideration by the various schools boards and all their constituents.
The current configuration of the districts gives us two districts with a single school in each and one district with only five schools. The result is that an excessive amount of school budgets support duplicate administrations and could be more productively redirected to curriculum and teacher salaries.
I believe that a proforma budget for a consolidated district would suggest that about a million dollars could be pared from administrative overhead and put to use in the classroom.
Please urge your board representatives to give open-minded consideration to this opportunity.
The education community and students, as well as the taxpayers, deserve our best efforts.
More like this story
- School District Unification -- Groseta: Merger talks driven from ‘bottom up’
- Groseta group ‘very pleased’ that Gov. Ducey signed off on SB 1254
- Commentary: Now is golden opportunity to consolidate three school districts in Upper Verde Valley
- Unification, Consolidation or Status Quo?
- Mingus leaders want to sit down and talk consolidation with Cottonwood-Oak Creek