Verde Valley Fire District responded to two vehicle accidents on March 8. The first involved an off-road vehicle with one occupant at Western Drive and Pleasant Valley Drive. The 50-year-old male driver loss control of his quad and rolled it several times. He sustained head injuries requiring him to be flown to Flagstaff Medical Center. The driver was not wearing a helmet or any other protective gear. Assisting VVFD was Cottonwood Fire/Medical Department Guardian Medical Helicopter, and Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office. The second accident involved a single pickup truck with one occupant on Loy Road in Cornville that struck a cement bridge. The driver was trapped in the vehicle upon arrival and required to be extricated. This became a challenge as the vehicle was in the ditch. Injuries to the patient appeared to be to his lower extremities. He was transport by ground to Verde Valley Medical Center. Photo courtesy of Verde Valley Fire District.
More like this story
- Seatbelts save lives in two-vehicle accident
- No injuries in single-vehicle rollover on 260-Western Drive
- 3 transported to hospital after 3-vechile accident on SR89A, Cornville Road
- Nobody injured as SR 260 accident shut down westbound traffic for one hour
- Man rescued from car in Clarkdale (with video)