A Cottonwood level-3 sex offender was apprehended in Oregon by the U.S. Marshal and was booked at the Yavapai County Detention Center in Camp Verde Wednesday, according to Cottonwood Police Sgt. Monica Kuhlt.
Kai Keller's GPS tracking device was off the grid, making his whereabouts unknown, Kuhlt said. He had been convicted of sexual exploitation of a minor, luring of a minor and sexual conduct with a minor.
Kuhlt said Keller will face local charges for " absconding and violating his probation." He also may face federal charges of attempting to lure a minor online while in Oregon.
The United States Department of Homeland Security is handling the investigation, Kuhlt said.
More like this story
- Police seek public’s help in locating high risk level 3 sex offender
- Alleged social media sex predation lands Cottonwood man in jail
- Police nab all teen suspects involved in truck theft
- Cottonwood man in social media predation case enters not-guilty plea
- Cottonwood man arrested on sex-with-minor charges