The Florida Legislature is considering allowing selected staff to carry a firearm.
While the Garcia legislator’s amendment may seem like it takes guns out of the classrooms — it is still placing more guns in schools by allowing school personnel such as custodians, bus drivers, librarians, counselors, coaches and others to carry.
Of course the librarian would need a silencer on his/her firearm. We would not want a loud noise in the library!
It always amazes me how idiotic legislators can be.
More like this story
- Lawmaker wants to allow faculty to carry guns on college campuses
- Brewer vetoes broader gun-carrying rights
- Group thinks teachers should be allowed to carry guns
- Governor vetoes concealed weapons in public buildings, calls HB 2339 'unfunded mandate'
- Legislators OK firearms in bars<br><i>Business owners say guns, alcohol don't mis</i>