More jets, helicopters and training exercises? If we don’t now is the time to make our views known to the mayor and city council members as they consider their draft strategic plan for Cottonwood.
A few questions to consider: How will this impact the quality of your life? What are the pros and cons? Do you think this will drive economic growth or inhibit it?
Our quality of life and, in fact, the future of our city depends on the answers to these questions.
For that reason I feel that the city council should direct city staff to do a cost benefit analysis before taking action that might have negative repercussions for years to come.
One only has to look at our neighbors in Sedona to see what can happen to a community that doesn’t get it right.
More like this story
- Letter: Cat is out of the bag: Council, staff not ‘terribly concerned’ over airport noise
- Letter: Mathews is right: city obviously not ‘terribly concerned’ about residents’ complaints
- At look back at 2018 with Cottonwood Mayor Tim Elinski
- City grant money goes to Parks & Rec master plan
- Letter: Where would Cottonwood be without the ‘threat’ of retirees