COTTONWOOD – From family pictures to senior pictures, engagement shoots to newborn babies, Lauren Thagard has photographed just about everything.
Every Jan. 1, Verde Valley motorcycle enthusiasts gather to ride to raise money for a local charity.
The Community Sanitation Program came into existence as one of many work relief projects during December of 1933.
One of the worst winters before the famous "1967 Snow" occurred in 1937, with 9 snow storms by January 19, and 14 counting from the day after Christmas.
OK, be kind, dear relatives from Duluth. I know you sneer each time I mention it, but I have snow!
The United Verde Extension Mining Company Smelter at Clemenceau closed on January 14, 1937, and James S Douglas retired from business during December of 1938.
On the last day of 2018, Camp Verde had a rare 4-inch snowfall.
Day 1 of the New Year was a relaxing and fun day.
Cottonwood-Oak Creek educator excels at ‘building trust’
“Tiana is very good at building trust with her kids,” Persaud said. “She is skilled at assessing where they are academically and behaviorally, and identifying what they need. She is collaborative and reflective in her teaching practice.”
JEROME -- When artist Tracy Weisel is not actually blowing glass, he’s talking.
It must have been dawn when I stepped onto the bread truck with Dad. I don’t remember that part. I don’t remember a lot of things from the beginning to the end, and that day was no different.
Ben loved his Uncle Jim. He didn’t know of any other family as diverse as his when it came to religion and politics. Yet Uncle Jim had a way of calming the heated conversations that occurred in the family each year during holiday activities.
American Heritage educator makes learning ‘fun and exciting’
CAMP VERDE – For Wendy Hutchinson, teaching is about victories.
Rob Berry rebuilds John Deere tractors for a hobby.
OK, fellow Villagers, here we got some great news! And I am sharing this as a proof that I am not a bit selfish (because, you know, I could have been keeping all this to myself and you would have never learned the good news, delivered below!).
The Carlson Creek Vineyard has opened in Old Town Cottonwood to “share our wines with the communities throughout the Verde Valley,” said co-owner and winemaker Robert Carlson.
Violet King at top 1 percent of test-takers
The school’s director of Student Support Services said that she cannot recall a time when a Mingus student finished the test with a perfect score.
Q&A: Dave Chapman to retire as transportation, maintenance director for Clarkdale-Jerome School District
CLARKDALE – Come Dec. 21, Dave Chapman will no longer be part of the working class.
Local Troop 7020 Boy Scouts work to create a path around Sunset Lake
The outing on Lake Pleasant today was one of the funnest days on the water yet
Cottonwood police are trying to crack the case of the lost Christmas tree. For now, the Christmas tree is in solitary confinement in the police department’s outdoor shed under lock and key.
Fort Verde really does the holiday up right.
New building codes and an inspector will result in the clean up (repairing, remodeling, redecorating) of abandoned and old structures, or their demolition.
The conversion of Lonely Girl from pig to sheep is now complete, at least in her mind and much to Tiny's complete aggravation. That aggravation is complicated not just by Tiny's certainty that Lonely Girl isn't a sheep, but because the pig (She-ig? P-eep?) treats her the way Lonely Girl and her porcine sisters treated June the Cow.
No one really likes waiting in line at the grocery store and some even take naps while waiting for their fresh meat to be delivered to them.
- I-17 sign alerts motorists on best travel times to Sedona
- Simonton discusses plans for Homestead Parkway business park
- WHOSE WATER IS IT? Salt River Project explains historic rights, questionable rights, water certainty
- Tinghitella wins second straight state championship
- Silent Witness tip leads to arrest of Cottonwood man
- Floods on Verde, Oak Creek, Beaver Creek expected to peak into Friday
- Camp Verde’s Kaylee Barker ‘my best person when I’m riding’
- Obituary: Barbara Nell Miller 1936-2019
- ‘Urgent need’ for platelets, type O blood
- YCSO: Missing woman found safe, unharmed
- Weekend rains bring flooding to Oak Creek, Verde River (with videos)
- Letter: OK Trump supporters, who you gonna believe?
- Phase I of sports complex should go to bid by end of February
- Cottonwood woman arrested in Old Town burglary
- 20-year-old inmate found dead in Coconino County jail cell
- Obituary: Suzy Burnside 1944-2019
- Elderly man shoots self at Cottonwood Police building
- Cottonwood PD: Officer discovers stolen Texas Camaro during traffic stop
- The Perfect Crime? Three years later, Cottonwood police, FBI stymied on $350,000 Cottonwood Bank of America burglary
- Cottonwood woman accused of stealing $7K-plus from Maverik store