This is in response to the published letter from Richard Mills. Kudos to Mr Mills for his highly accurate observations. I am not the least bit afraid to take on Yavapai County Developmental Services.
In this 10th anniversary year of Friends of the Verde River, it is good to look back on all that has been accomplished. Friends of the Verde River began with river enthusiasts who came together to develop a community wide response to stresses on the Verde River.
When she goes to the mall, her dog remains at her side as she shops, and when she stops to eat, her dog rests under the table. When she is dressing herself in the morning, her guide dog opens the dresser drawers so she can easily reach her clothing.
At 9:45 a.m. on a cool and sunny morning, I looked up and noticed a woman standing outside the front doors. I walked outside and said to her, “How are you today?” She replied, “Excellent!”
The overall enrollment of Camp Verde Unified School District is 1537 as compared 1604 one year ago.
That’s a riff on one of the great campaign buttons of all time, distributed by the 1972 presidential campaign for Sen. Edmund S. Muskie, the Maine Democrat who looked like Lincoln but exploded like Vesuvius: President Muskie! (Don’t you feel better already?)
Monday marks our annual observance of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day. It should bring back some painful and embarrassing memories for Arizona.
While Washington obsesses over a new book on White House intrigue, the Trump administration is reaching a critical point on the issue of immigration, one of the president’s top priorities and the subject of his most often-repeated campaign promises.
From the Principal’s Office, Katrina Sacco reports: Mrs. Vicki Bleak and Mrs. Micca Martinez were each awarded grants from the county.
Respect is one of the essential ingredients of all successful relationships. This includes communication between parent and child, teacher and student, employee and management, and all personal and business interactions.
WASHINGTON -- President Donald Trump has been flip-flopping lately on what should be done about illegal immigrants known as Dreamers, who were brought here when they were infants or children by their undocumented parents.
House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes has issued a subpoena to David Kramer, a former State Department official who, in late November 2016, traveled to London to receive a briefing and a copy of the Trump dossier from its author, former British spy Christopher Steele. Kramer then returned to the U.S. to give the document to Sen. John McCain.
People want to live and work in a vibrant community. Studies indicate that with the arts, a community becomes more attractive to current and future residents. Through events, art exhibits, performances and workshops, the arts provide opportunities for individuals to engage in new activities and get to know their neighbors and out-of-town visitors.
American Futurist, systems theorist, and author Buckminister Fuller wrote, “Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place.
Has there ever been a presidential year quite like this one?
According to the Huffington Post, only 8 percent of us succeed with this annual ritual called New Year’s resolutions. Business Insider reports that 80 percent of us will fail at this exercise in commitment by February.
If the Mingus Union School Board eventually chooses to allow voters to decide the fate of school district consolidation, it will be a first for the Upper Verde Valley.
On my way out from the Humane Society, I saw one of our beautiful black Lab puppies on a leash with her new owner. It’s jet black coat was lustrous and shining in the sun. This was one amazing puppy. I asked her if she had other dogs and she told me that this was the second puppy that she adopted from the Humane Society. Obviously, she was ecstatic about this one and thankful she found her puppies here.
The year began with portentous questions: How will Donald J. Trump govern? How will the markets, which crave stability, react to a president who creates chaos?
This was the week when Republicans proved once again that they know how to tackle big issues and govern, passing the most significant tax overhaul in more than three decades.
Each year, the fourth graders decorate a paper turkey with their families for a contest in class.
I read a story about a stray dog that ended up on the doorstep of a rancher. The dog was severely underweight and in need of food, a warm place to sleep, and lots of tender loving care.
“I went to a fight the other night and a consolidation meeting broke out.”
It’s obvious we can throw the concept of neutrality out the window as we move forward with all involved in determining the pros and cons of school district consolidation.
Believe it or not, auditions for the Theatre Arts Guild’s spring musical are right around the corner.
- Sedona Recycles to remove bins in Camp Verde June 1
- Camp Verde High School graduates receive more awards, scholarships than previous year
- Commentary: Verde Valley baseball coaches shockingly lose coach of the year awards
- Man arrested for burglary after arriving to update sex offender registration
- Sedona Recycles to shut down Verde Valley service in June
- Camp Verde’s Decker signs with Loras College in Iowa
- Sedona investigation results in felony indictment against couple charge in sexual abuse of 7-year-old girl
- Martin hopes to select new police chief before Memorial Day
- Traffic passable, but delayed, following two-car crash on AZ 260 and Fir in Cottonwood
- One person seriously injured in Perkinsville Road rollover
- Commercial fire in Camp Verde; evacuations ordered in Tinder Fire
- Local wrestling coach sought for alleged sex crime
- Camp Verde schools to walk out Thursday, return to class on Monday
- Possible ‘changes to format’ of Fort Verde Days
- Crews respond to collision on 1-17
- 4 homes reportedly on fire in blaze near Prescott Valley
- Danny Howe changes Camp Verde Unified School District’s leadership
- School closures to continue as educators demand more funding
- Second suspect arrested in Cornville counterfeit money operation
- Sheriff’s office seeking to identify human remains found near Verde River