I believe when this amendment was written, the arms of choice were muskets.
What do you mean? Don’t call teenagers children. It appeals to emotionalism.
Camp Verde Town Manager Russ Martin has taken a lot of heat for the months-long investigation concerning Town Marshal Nancy Gardner.
The Florida Legislature is considering allowing selected staff to carry a firearm.
The Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shootings has certainly knocked over a set of active beehives, some of which have never been so much as jostled before -- but probably should have been.
In the wake of the recent school shooting in Florida, President Trump has, among other ideas, recommended arming teachers in schools.
“We Love America” was the theme of the Patriotic Program with the United Christian School in Camp Verde Feb. 23. And what an uplifting program it was.
I am very disappointed that a public SAFETY officer was so thoughtless.
This letter is a thank you to the volunteers who helped cleanup highway 260 from mile post 207 to 209.
I know this will rile the feathers of Pro Gun Advocates. The second amendment Does Not Give you the right to own or carry an AR15 or other similar weapons.
1. There must be really good, thorough background checks any time and every time a firearm changes hands. Either as a private sale or through a licensed dealer or gun show vender or even as a gift. Technology is ready for this measure, the general population is ready for this. The only obstruction is the NRA and other groups that hold the political future of cowardly public servants in their fists.
Wow, the letter from Bill Bullock really was a bold effort. Much of this information is shared and known in the community. Many are frustrated with the treatment they have received at the hands of the county planning and zoning department. But no one has been brave enough to go public with these concerns. Probably because their very lively hood is at stake.
Recently there has been robust discussion concerning the consolidation of the school districts. Now, there seems to be some sort of undertow to once again work toward annexing more land into the City of Cottonwood by taking over the Verde Villages.
I would personally like to thank Geri, Papa John’s Pizza owner, for once again making it possible for some very deserving Mingus High School students
As a grandmother, I am heartbroken that our society in general is so fractured and divisive. What kind of world will my grandchildren inherit? Then my grandson graduates to third grade and off to another school, his little brother still suffering his absence.
This years theme if you can call it a theme was loud and proud. As always, we were loud and in our bright shirts we definitely showed our pride.
Attendees reported that they felt the day was affirming and empowering. March organizers appreciate the energy, good will, and perseverance of all who participated.
There’s absolutely no evidence out there that Trump colluded with the Russians except ...
I want to thank all of you for your support. I can only hope that this has not fallen on deaf ears at the county and that things will soon get corrected at the County Building Dept.
I am writing this letter to let everyone in the Verde Valley know what has been going on at the Development Services Department (Building Dept.) in Yavapai County.
Medical marijuana should be legalized now. Jeff Sessions is right about one thing: marijuana is a gateway drug -- but it’s a gateway out of opioid addiction.
Modified Motorcycle Association Verde Valley District held our Annual Frosty and Chilly Run on Monday January 1st. Since the weather was beautiful - nothing frosty about this year - we had over 130 riders sign up for the run and participate in this tradition. Riders rode from the American Legion Post 25 to the Cottonwood Fire Station on 6th street as a group.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday is a day set aside for measuring ourselves against the yardstick of King’s hope and dream. It is a time to reflect on our moral obligation to condemn social and economic systems that rob people of dignity and equal opportunity.
The cartoon on page 4 , courtesy of the Pittsburg Post-Gazette, was right on!
It was very disturbing to hear of Rep. Jay Lawrence’s attempts to reject the democratic process by forcing local candidates to declare their party affiliation.
- Sedona Recycles to remove bins in Camp Verde June 1
- Camp Verde High School graduates receive more awards, scholarships than previous year
- Commentary: Verde Valley baseball coaches shockingly lose coach of the year awards
- Man arrested for burglary after arriving to update sex offender registration
- Sedona Recycles to shut down Verde Valley service in June
- Camp Verde’s Decker signs with Loras College in Iowa
- Sedona investigation results in felony indictment against couple charge in sexual abuse of 7-year-old girl
- Martin hopes to select new police chief before Memorial Day
- Traffic passable, but delayed, following two-car crash on AZ 260 and Fir in Cottonwood
- One person seriously injured in Perkinsville Road rollover
- Commercial fire in Camp Verde; evacuations ordered in Tinder Fire
- Local wrestling coach sought for alleged sex crime
- Camp Verde schools to walk out Thursday, return to class on Monday
- Possible ‘changes to format’ of Fort Verde Days
- Crews respond to collision on 1-17
- 4 homes reportedly on fire in blaze near Prescott Valley
- Danny Howe changes Camp Verde Unified School District’s leadership
- School closures to continue as educators demand more funding
- Second suspect arrested in Cornville counterfeit money operation
- Sheriff’s office seeking to identify human remains found near Verde River