Camp Verde High senior basketball player Chase Decker is taking his talents east.
Five Mingus Union softball players made the All-Region team, with senior Nikki Zielinski winning Grand Canyon Player of the Year.
Mingus Union seniors racked up almost $4.5 million in scholarships and Marauder athletes earned a lot of that.
As an 18-year-old, Dušan Ristic nearly accepted a professional basketball contract to play for one of the best teams in Europe, Belgrade’s “Red Star.” Before he could say yes, University of Arizona head coach Sean Miller called him and asked him to play for the Wildcats.
Former Mingus Union football, baseball, boys basketball, girls basketball, softball and track and field coach Bob Young took his talents south. Young recently accepted the defensive coordinator job at Scottsdale Notre Dame Prep.
Six Camp Verde High baseball players earned region recognition.
Yo Lee Williams and Northland Prep, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Verde Valley had one of the best coaching performances of all time!
Young basketball players will have a chance to hone their skills at Mingus Union next month.
British Soccer Camp
Mingus Union baseball was well represented on the All-Grand Canyon team with five players and three on the first team.
Camp Verde High junior Christopher Holdgrafer finished the season in style, continuing the success he had at the State meet.
GOODYEAR – Will the Bagdad baseball team’s state-title drought be broken? Well, this just might be the Sultans’ year.
MESA — The odds of a college athlete making it to the NFL are slimmer than ever. In 2016, just 1.5 percent of college football players were drafted by the league, a 2017 NCAA study revealed.
Babcock breaks Mingus school record for 800 meters
Mingus Union High School’s Hannah DeVore and Meg Babcock closed out their 2018 seasons Thursday at the annual Arizona Meet of Champions with the fastest races of their lives.
No. 2 Cowboys fall to No. 1 and defending state champion Benson in title game at ASU
TEMPE — Camp Verde High’s comeback and state championship bid came up just short against defending state champion Benson.
TEMPE — Of course there were tears shed after Camp Verde High softball lost in the state championship game to Benson.
12 Mingus tracksters honored for maintaining perfect grades during season
COTTONWOOD – They’re fast. They’re smart
Juniors Kendrew Streck and Meg Babcock and senior Hannah DeVore won state championships at the AIA track and field Division III state championship meet last week at Mesa Community College.
Half the Cowboys that went to the AIA track and field Division IV state championship meet last week at Mesa Community College put up personal bests and both of them did it more than once.
Camp Verde High softball punched its ticket to the state championship game with a 3-0 win over Willcox on Saturday.
Mingus Union softball’s rally came up just short against Coconino and their season came to an end at home in the first round of the state tournament.
No. 2 Cowboys face No. 7 Goodyear Trivium Prep on Friday night in Phoenix
Camp Verde High softball cruised in the opening game of their state tournament campaign.
Mingus Union baseball’s surprising season came to end Saturday at Peoria Sunrise Mountain.
On Saturday, Apr. 14, Magdalena Romanska, owner of the Be Fit Fit Training Studio in VOC and Realtor® at the Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International, completed the three-day Coastal Redwoods Trailfest. The event took place in California, with the headquarters in the forests of Loma Mar. Total elevation change of the run was 13,780 feet.
There are three important names to remember when the Camp Verde High School track and field team competes in the May-4-5 Division 4 state track and field championship at Mesa Community College.
- Brian Armstrong finalist to become next Camp Verde Marshal
- Cooling down in Camp Verde could cost more in coming year
- Commentary: Verde Valley baseball coaches shockingly lose coach of the year awards
- Cottonwood man arrested for heroin possession, intent to sell
- Cottonwood man arrested for assaulting, stabbing landlords
- Obituary: Veralee Bullard
- Local man arrested for alleged thefts at Cottonwood Cemetery
- Fully fledged at Camp Verde library
- Oak Creek Canyon fire destroys log cabin
- Sedona Recycles to shut down Verde Valley service in June
- Commercial fire in Camp Verde; evacuations ordered in Tinder Fire
- Local wrestling coach sought for alleged sex crime
- Camp Verde schools to walk out Thursday, return to class on Monday
- Possible ‘changes to format’ of Fort Verde Days
- Crews respond to collision on 1-17
- 4 homes reportedly on fire in blaze near Prescott Valley
- Danny Howe changes Camp Verde Unified School District’s leadership
- School closures to continue as educators demand more funding
- Sheriff’s office seeking to identify human remains found near Verde River
- Second suspect arrested in Cornville counterfeit money operation