Jacy Finley hitless in three innings on mound
CAMP VERDE -- Led by freshman pitcher Jacy Finley, who held Mayer hitless, Camp Verde softball opened the season with a bang.
Despite 15-0 season-opening win, Coach Davis says Camp Verde has ‘a lot of room for improvement’’
CAMP VERDE --Camp Verde baseball opened the season in dominant fashion but the Cowboys weren’t jumping for joy afterwards.
COTTONWOOD -- Mingus Union girls track and field may not have the numbers this season, but they have stars at the top.
Versatile senior Ryan Alexander leads Marauder runners
COTTONWOOD -- Despite being young, a strong group of middle and distance runners inspires hope for Mingus Union boys track and field this season.
Cottonwood Aftershock Distance Club runners Allyson Arellano and Trenton Stafford both came home with medals in Saturday’s Arizona Indoor Classic track and field meet in Flagstaff.
‘It’s incredible how far we’ve come’
PRESCOTT – Camp Verde girls basketball’s season came to an end Friday afternoon but the youthful Lady Cowgirls’ future is bright.
Whiteley, Williams expected to be top doubles team
SEDONA – Mingus Union girls made changes this year how they grip the racket on serves and how they practice.
‘We’re looking pretty sharp’
With most of their 2016 state runner-up team returning, Camp Verde softball looks like contenders again.
Coach says Mingus Union is up to 12 ‘enthusiastic’ players
Mingus Union boys tennis is inexperienced but has a hall of fame teacher.
CAMP VERDE – Camp Verde girls basketball head coach Mark Showers did not even expect to make the play-in game this season, but now the Lady Cowboys are in the full state tournament.
Seniors help lead team looking to win state title
CAMP VERDE – Camp Verde baseball’s 10 seniors grew up together and now they’re going for state championship together.
COTTONWOOD – With a healthy squad and now depth at the most important position, Mingus Union softball head coach John Brown thinks this can be his best Marauder team ever.
Mingus Union returns six starters from last season’s state semifinalist
COTTONWOOD – With six returning starters, Mingus Union baseball looks poised for another deep run in the state tournament.
COTTONWOOD – Led by boys soccer’s seven, Mingus Union was well represented on the All-Grand Canyon teams.
CAMP VERDE – Fresh from Camp Verde High’s four state championship wins, Camp Verde will be hosting its annual girls wrestling clinic.
Camp Verde claims 3rd at state tournament
PRESCOTT VALLEY -- It was an unforgettable night for Camp Verde Wrestling at the state tournament as Hayden Uhler won his fourth title and three other Cowboys won championships, including his brother.
PRESCOTT VALLEY -- Three out of the four Mingus Union wrestlers that went to state made the podium, led by second place Lucas Svoboda.
Mingus Union girls basketball found a solution to the Lee Williams problem and made it to the semifinals of the Grand Canyon Region tournament to finish the season on a high note.
Fresh off winning its seventh straight sectional championship, Camp Verde wrestling looks to win another state title.
Mingus Union wrestling quadrupled the number of Marauders that qualified for state in head coach Kirk Waddle’s first sectionals appearance at the helm.
Camp Verde senior Enrique Garcia is a rookie wrestler, but he nonetheless qualified for state.
Postseason play for Camp Verde girls basketball will begin Friday at home against a familiar foe.
SEDONA – On a perfect 60-degree winter day, registrants from 48 states, and 12 countries raced through Sedona’s beautiful red rocks in the 12th Annual Sedona Marathon Event presented by Northern Arizona Healthcare. The largest field of registrants to date -- 3,500, enjoyed the scenic yet difficult course, and the results are in.
Mingus Union head coach Dave Beery joked that senior Issac Escalante is so competitive that once something is stake, his shooting percentage goes up by 60.
Mingus Union boys basketball’s season came to an end on Tuesday in a feisty game at Flagstaff in the semifinals of the Grand Canyon Region tournament.
- Rimrock man dies from rollover crash on Montezuma Well Road
- Ranchers want wall, worry about more patrol agents on their land
- Work near completed on new Dollar General
- PANT operation leads to drug bust, arrest
- Camp Verde school board votes to continue four-day week
- Vehicle strikes man on SR 89A
- Obituary: Lance Taylor 1970-2017
- Cottonwood man accused of leading police on chase, hitting officer with car after night of drinking
- Motorhome and pickup truck collide head-on
- SR 89A reopens after vehicle versus pedestrian accident
- New Camp Verde subdivision could employ 350 workers
- Driver dies after rolling down canyon during I-17 pursuit near Camp Verde
- Hold up on doing your taxes; Arizona tax form 1099-G is flawed
- I-17 closed for 10 hours following carjacking, shooting, head-on crash
- Carjacking suspect causes head-on crash on 1-17
- Emergency crews rush to fully involved structure fire
- Obituary: Joseph H. Johnson
- Showers celebrated for 20th season, 400th win
- Woman arrested in drug raid gets 1.5 years
- DPS pursues stolen work truck on I-17 until it crashes near Camp Verde