‘I think we did as expected’
Camp Verde High football rolled in its scrimmage on Friday night.
‘We’re pretty exited this year’
Defending section champions Mingus Union gentlemen’s golf is eyeing an even better finish this season.
Camp Verde Parks and Recreation has opened registration for its youth Grasshopper Basketball Program.
TEMPE — As high schools reopen across the state, sports take center stage. They offer rewards but also risks for athletes practicing and competing in extreme temperatures.
Mingus Union football prepared for its tough season open with a successful four-way scrimmage on Wednesday at home.
From August 25 to 27, Major League Baseball will loosen up its uniform restrictions and its players will wear special bright colored gear like little leaguers for “Players Weekend.”
Fanatical Northern Arizona basketball fans will get a chance to show their Suns spirit.
Mingus Union football shined under the Friday night lights for the first time this season.
Former all-state runner Justine Sparks selected as new Marauder coach
COTTONWOOD – First, there was unbridled elation. Then, after a long pause, Jim Bostwick said, “That’s wonderful news.”
Camp Verde High football will receive an unexpected break this year.
PHOENIX — In the 2017 version of the Black Canyon Ultras 100-kilometer race, which began in Mayer and finished in New River, 74 participants — nearly a quarter of the competitors — did not finish the race. Some dropped out before even starting and some attempted to complete the race but could not.
As Camp Verde High football nears the start of the season, their focus has become clear.
Mingus Union’s “new” head wrestling coach is a familiar one.
Mingus Union football will kick off the 2017-18 Verde Valley high school sports season on Friday night.
Mingus Union senior ‘honesty speechless’
Mingus Union senior football players Justin Link wasn’t expecting to win an academic scholarship while in San Diego for a football camp but instead walked away with one that has special significance.
Official practices begin Monday
Mingus Union’s sports family has grown.
What a difference a couple months makes.
Northern Arizona football continues to rack up the preseason accolades.
CANTON, Ohio — Even now, one day before his enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Kurt Warner remains enthralled by his inclusion in Canton. Others aren’t so surprised.
Marauders begin official practices
After a week in San Diego, Mingus Union football returned to town and began official practices.
Verde Valley team wins National Softball Association Southwestern World Series
The Verde Valley Heat Elite 12U softball continued their domination and won the National Softball Association Southwestern World Series last week in Prescott.
SCOTTSDALE — To appreciate the spirit of the Lori Piestewa National Native American Games is to understand what occurs beyond the competition.
99 percent of NFL ex NFL players in sample shown to have CTE but only three of 14 high school players in ‘convenience sample’ were afflicted
Back in fall 2014 when I was taking a science journalism class an adjunct professor suggested I write a story on concussions in football because of my sports background.
Verde Valley Little League finished fourth at the Juniors All-Star state tournament.
Phoenix will play host to projected No. 1 ranked Arizona basketball and upcoming program Grand Canyon in a men’s college basketball double-header at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
- 4 killed, 1 injured in I-17 crash
- Monday's Total Solar Eclipse
- Two Cottonwood residents killed in car crash in Flagstaff
- Driver suspected of opioid overdose arrested following head-on crash in Cottonwood
- Camp Verde football rolls in scrimmage
- Counterfeit money circulating in Verde Valley
- Vince’s Auto Body expects to open new SR 260 location in mid-September
- Two-vehicle crash on 89A between Cottonwood and Sedona
- 5 haunted dwellings of the Verde Valley
- YCSO K9 deputy locates 40 pounds of pot inside motorhome
- Two Camp Verde residents found dead at home
- Driver dies after SR 260 collision
- 4 killed, 1 injured in I-17 crash
- Man identified in deadly SR 260 crash
- Accident shuts down SR 260 near Cherry Creek Road
- Obituary: David Williams
- Camp Verde shows potential for commercial, retail expansion
- CCFMA receives 38 calls within 48 hours
- Two taken to hospital after SR 260 crash
- Deployed 4 times to Iraq, Lt. Col. Troy Bucher remembers childhood in Camp Verde, Rimrock