SEDONA — Mingus Union swimming and diving retained the Heisley/Estes Cup on Tuesday afternoon.
This season has been a roller coaster ride so far for Mingus Union football, and it doesn’t look like it’ll be letting up anytime soon.
Camp Verde High boys soccer won its last two road games and moved up in the rankings.
Wednesday, the AIA unveiled the initial conference placements for the 2018-2019 school year, but there won’t be many changes for Mingus Union or Camp Verde high schools.
Before practice on Wednesday, Camp Verde High head volleyball coach Britney Armstrong read an article about potential, something Maya Hedges has plenty of.
Camp Verde High girls soccer rebounded from their loss to Northland Prep to edge Page.
The Oakcreek Country Club Men’s Golf Association (aka The Men’s Club) held its fourth and final major tournament of the 2017 season, The Presidents Cup. OCCMGA president, Joe Mazza, said the hotly contested tournament produced some exceptional golf!
FLAGSTAFF — Although Northern Arizona University’s students are nicknamed Lumberjacks, it’s the school’s logging sports team that fully encapsulates the meaning of attending college near the Centennial Forest.
No. 22 Marauders move into first place in region
Mingus Union took command of the Grand Canyon Region with a rout of rival Flagstaff, who had been unbeaten in region play.
‘It’s a good way to bring the communities together’
One team won the game and the other lost, but there were smiles all around.
Camp Verde High football closed out its home schedule on low note on Friday.
Fresh off its upset of then-No. 7 Illinois State, Northern Arizona University football has entered the national rankings.
No. 22 Marauders face off against Eagles
More than bragging rights will be on the line Friday night as Mingus Union football hosts rival Flagstaff.
‘When you put that blue and white jersey on, it means something’
Camp Verde High football’s Homecoming is on Friday but Jake Spleiss already has.
Before Mingus Union football’s game last week at Prescott, junior running back Alex Nelson told the linemen if they did their job that the backs would run hard and they did in a big way.
Head coach says game is huge
On Tuesday Camp Verde High boys soccer extended its streaks with another rout to set up a big match up this weekend.
American Heritage Cross Country had a record-breaking weekend of racing. The annual Mesa Thunderbird Cross Country Classic was hosted by Mesa Community College. It featured runners from local college teams as well as runners from over two dozen middle school and high school teams in the Canyon Athletic Association (CAA).
Camp Verde junior takes home medal at ALA Invitational
Camp Verde High junior cross country runner Logan Pratt seeks to do better and recently he has.
‘The guys ran very well’
Camp Verde High boys cross country raced to its best finish of the season on Wednesday.
Cowboys bounce back Tuesday with 8-0 victory
Camp Verde High girls soccer rebounded with an 8-0 victory at Payson.
Now a professional runner, Cottonwood’s Tim Freriks notches fastest-ever Grand Canyon Rim to Rim run
FLAGSTAFF – Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017: 2 hours, 39 minutes, 38 seconds.
Marauders rout No. 12 Badgers and set up first place/second place match up with rival Flagstaff
PRESCOTT — What a difference a week makes.
The National League Division Series shifts to Arizona on Monday night.
TUCSON — The University of Arizona basketball team held its first media appearance since allegations broke that assistant coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson paid bribe money to a player to sign with the team.
Camp Verde High boys soccer emerged from the Old Pueblo Soccer Classic in Tucson with three draws and a win and confidence.
- Body of missing teacher found; full details unknown
- Spleiss returns to Camp Verde High to coach football
- Obituary: Donald W. Zellner 1934-2017
- Camp Verde High crowns Queen, King at Homecoming game
- Fire destroys home, cars in Camp Verde
- Looking back at Fort Verde Days … by the numbers
- Fort Verde Days schedule of events for Sunday
- Driver in deadly Thanksgiving-eve crash sentenced to 16.5 years
- Historic Home, Building Tour set for Nov. 4
- Fort Verde Days continues Sunday
- Two men injured after head-on collision
- Meth bust lands married couple behind bars
- Sketches released of girl found in suitcase in Texas, likely Arizona connection
- Fire destroys home, cars in Camp Verde
- Motorcyclist flown to hospital after SR 260 crash
- Hiker discovers body in Verde River
- Camp Verde celebrates 60th annual Fort Verde Days
- Letter: Adults would do well to follow selfless example of 11-year-old Chandler Plante
- Local amateur radio operators conduct successful air, ground search for lost horse
- Cottonwood woman arraigned on molestation charge stemming from 1998