After transferring form Sedona Red Rock Nikki Zielinski became one of Mingus Union’s best athletes ever.
Mingus Union athletes of the year: DeVore qualified for State in eight track events plus cross country
Mingus Union cross country and track and field star Hannah DeVore finished the season on several high notes.
Mingus Union football and baseball player Justin Link’s school year started on a high note, a trend that would continue through May.
The 2A Central All-Region team stockpiled Camp Verde High softball players.
Seven Canyons’ latest in their Fireside Chat Series is bringing golf legend Tom Weiskopf and prominent sports journalist Brad Steinke to town.
Camp Verde High senior basketball player Chase Decker is taking his talents east.
Five Mingus Union softball players made the All-Region team, with senior Nikki Zielinski winning Grand Canyon Player of the Year.
Mingus Union seniors racked up almost $4.5 million in scholarships and Marauder athletes earned a lot of that.
As an 18-year-old, Dušan Ristic nearly accepted a professional basketball contract to play for one of the best teams in Europe, Belgrade’s “Red Star.” Before he could say yes, University of Arizona head coach Sean Miller called him and asked him to play for the Wildcats.
Former Mingus Union football, baseball, boys basketball, girls basketball, softball and track and field coach Bob Young took his talents south. Young recently accepted the defensive coordinator job at Scottsdale Notre Dame Prep.
Six Camp Verde High baseball players earned region recognition.
Yo Lee Williams and Northland Prep, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Verde Valley had one of the best coaching performances of all time!
Young basketball players will have a chance to hone their skills at Mingus Union next month.
British Soccer Camp
Mingus Union baseball was well represented on the All-Grand Canyon team with five players and three on the first team.
Camp Verde High junior Christopher Holdgrafer finished the season in style, continuing the success he had at the State meet.
GOODYEAR – Will the Bagdad baseball team’s state-title drought be broken? Well, this just might be the Sultans’ year.
MESA — The odds of a college athlete making it to the NFL are slimmer than ever. In 2016, just 1.5 percent of college football players were drafted by the league, a 2017 NCAA study revealed.
Babcock breaks Mingus school record for 800 meters
Mingus Union High School’s Hannah DeVore and Meg Babcock closed out their 2018 seasons Thursday at the annual Arizona Meet of Champions with the fastest races of their lives.
No. 2 Cowboys fall to No. 1 and defending state champion Benson in title game at ASU
TEMPE — Camp Verde High’s comeback and state championship bid came up just short against defending state champion Benson.
TEMPE — Of course there were tears shed after Camp Verde High softball lost in the state championship game to Benson.
12 Mingus tracksters honored for maintaining perfect grades during season
COTTONWOOD – They’re fast. They’re smart
Juniors Kendrew Streck and Meg Babcock and senior Hannah DeVore won state championships at the AIA track and field Division III state championship meet last week at Mesa Community College.
Half the Cowboys that went to the AIA track and field Division IV state championship meet last week at Mesa Community College put up personal bests and both of them did it more than once.
Camp Verde High softball punched its ticket to the state championship game with a 3-0 win over Willcox on Saturday.
- Sedona Recycles to remove bins in Camp Verde June 1
- Camp Verde High School graduates receive more awards, scholarships than previous year
- Commentary: Verde Valley baseball coaches shockingly lose coach of the year awards
- Man arrested for burglary after arriving to update sex offender registration
- Sedona Recycles to shut down Verde Valley service in June
- Martin hopes to select new police chief before Memorial Day
- Camp Verde’s Decker signs with Loras College in Iowa
- Traffic passable, but delayed, following two-car crash on AZ 260 and Fir in Cottonwood
- Sedona investigation results in felony indictment against couple charge in sexual abuse of 7-year-old girl
- One person seriously injured in Perkinsville Road rollover
- Commercial fire in Camp Verde; evacuations ordered in Tinder Fire
- Local wrestling coach sought for alleged sex crime
- Camp Verde schools to walk out Thursday, return to class on Monday
- Possible ‘changes to format’ of Fort Verde Days
- Crews respond to collision on 1-17
- 4 homes reportedly on fire in blaze near Prescott Valley
- Danny Howe changes Camp Verde Unified School District’s leadership
- School closures to continue as educators demand more funding
- Second suspect arrested in Cornville counterfeit money operation
- Sheriff’s office seeking to identify human remains found near Verde River